From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keypad 4x4 NI myRIO

how when pressing any key on the keyboard , that value is displayed , and the switch, the value of which still exist , just as Noa press any key other then the original key new value updated , please help me ! thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,609 Views)

how when pressing any key on the keyboard , that value is displayed , and the switch, the value of which still exist , just as Noa press any key other then the original key new value updated , please help me ! thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(8,584 Views)

Hi Leoking92,

I am confused about the question.

What happens when you press a key on the keyboard?

What switch are you refering to?

Are you trying to figure out what happens when you press to keys at once?

regards,

Michael

Michael Bilyk
Former NI Software Engineer (IT)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(8,559 Views)

HI ! I say more for you to understand my problem specifically like this: I want to use the 4x4 keypad to control the display on the LCD . for example , when you press 1 then displays temperature value , even when you press the number 2 display speed ..... I tried using case statement , but when I hit it shown on there when I not hit it back to the default , you can tell me how do I get it? Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,557 Views)

It could be helpful if you posted the code you are using.

Michael Bilyk
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,547 Views)

I want to use this keypad to control the display on the LCD . for example : press 1 , the temperature display ; press 2 , then display the motor speed ... , in the above code I have tried with your code but it works hok desired , please help me !

i can't post code up to forum, you should link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1om76pfINl5NkNadDNLeTN5Nzg/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,532 Views)

Have you tried using the debugging tools? You can use the highlight operation function and the break points to figure out where you code is going wrong.

I'm not certain how the LCD works, but maybe you have to clear it before each new input.

Michael Bilyk
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(8,525 Views)

My problem is when clicked , the LCD display on demand , but when I released it jumps competition on default values ​​, and I do not want this to happen , I want it to keep the value of a button, and only change while pressing a different button

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(8,523 Views)

You can try using a shift register to ensure that the same case is selected each loop until you push a new button.

You may also try placing I2C 8 inside the case statement so you only write to the LCD when you actually choose a new case.

Michael Bilyk
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(8,507 Views)

The problem is when I let go of the button again , the value is not maintained when the press also lost . I have to do? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,496 Views)