Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to play a sound saved in myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

The sound sample vi file opened without any errors. But the ring creator vi doesn't. It asks to find the file name "myrio V1.1 fpga throughput.lvbitx"

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,315 Views)

That file should be installed on your computer. I would check if you have the required software installed for the myRIO. They are listed here: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/14603/en/

I was able to find the file in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW<version>\vi.lib\myRIO\FPGA\bitfiles

Angela L. 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,311 Views)

Since my project is not an fpga project, I don't need that file anyway. I want to do it as a normal myrio project. So that file wouldn't be necessary. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,302 Views)

Hi there,

How come even though i change the sound file i read in, then replace the new array in the 'ring creator' i still get the same tune and not my update one? very confusing.

My idea was the i would feed in a new .wav file and within the sound sample, bring that new array to the myrio on the Ring Creator by replacing the array. But whatever i have in my array plays the default tune and not my new one?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Watter

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,000 Views)

Watter,

Are you sure you're copying in the array correctly? You may want to try Edit --> "Reinitialize values to default" to ensure the old sound file is cleared from the array.

Regards,

Brian P.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(992 Views)