From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to play a sound saved in myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How could I call a file saved at usr/local/sbin in myRIO and send it to play? Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,929 Views)

Gdblombardi,

Because the audio out expects a series of voltage levels you would need to correlate that saved sound file to an array of voltage levels to send to that output.  I do not know how or if you can read a sound file and correlate that to analog voltages so the only way I see of doing this is reading a sound file on your host PC and sending the waveform output to the audio out on the myRIO.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,910 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gdblombardi

I did this way. I transformed the sound sample into an array (Sound Sample) and in another VI I read this sample (Ring Creator). It is working fine.

Download All
Message 3 of 15
(9,746 Views)

Thanks for posting your solution for us to see.

Is the sound sample.vi being used on the myRIO or are you using that VI on the host and sending the numeric array to the myRIO?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,738 Views)

I am pasting the arrays that I need in the myRio. Some tools in the SoundSample.VI don`t work in Rio projects. Once the array is pasted I don`t need the SoundSampl.VI again unless I want to change the tones. Moreover, it is necessary to adjust the output frequency for each sample.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,733 Views)

Awesome thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(7,359 Views)

Can you please help me out with this same topic. I am new to myrio and LabVIEW. So if you could do the program for me, it would be a great help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,060 Views)

Hi Ashutoshsignh,

Did the above solution not work for you? Did you receive errors or anything like that? We won't write code for you, but we can help you out with ideas for code structure or any roadblocks you run into.

Nick

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,033 Views)

Hey

I tried doing it. Buy it didn't work.

Actually I have to integrate this program to an existing project and I have done that in Normal myrio project and not in myrio fpga project. So I am not able to do the program on my own. Please help me....

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,026 Views)

Can you be more specific about what didn't work? Did any errors pop up? Are you seeing an unexpected result? 

As Nick said, we cannot write the code for you, but will assist as best as we can on specific technical issues. 

Angela L. 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(6,016 Views)