Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect lvdt and loadcell to usb 6008

Solved!
Go to solution

please help me iam dont know  how to choose a daq card. searched a lt but iam lost.

i want to measure force and displacement simultaneously of a suspension test rig and i wanted to use ni usb6008 because of my project budget.

can i use this daq card to measure these parameters ??

please reply.. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author touheed

Hi touheed,

To be able to determine whether or not using a NI USB-6008 would be suitable for your application it would be useful to get a little more information about the measurements you want to take. If possible would you be able to provide the voltage range you intend to measure with your instruments, and the sampling rate you require? 

Also I noticed in the subject line that you're going to be using an LVDT, will you also be generating the voltage for this with the 6008, or will this be done seperately?

To give you some context, the NI USB-6008 does not take truly simultaneous readings at each instant, but will rapdily alternate between channels, giving effectively simultaneous samples. As this device has a sampling rate of 10 Ks/s, and you will be using 2 channels, the effective sampling rate for each input would be 5 Ks/s.

Matt H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,028 Views)

thankyou for your reply 

both the load cell and lvdt are externally excited and iam now able to get the voltages read into the labview via usb6008.

now i am facing the problem of conversion and scaling.

please help me or direct me to a link on how to convert the lvdt positions to veloctiy graph and also how to convert load cell o/p voltage into force.

i finally need make a plot of force vs velocity and force vs postion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,835 Views)