Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect an external humidity sensor HIH-4000-001 to mydaq (external circuit)?

hi everybody my supervisor requires me to use the NI myDAQ and he ask me to create an external circuit in order that I may accquire data using the map and the circuit I want to know the contents of this circuit and the appropriate VI!! help please Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,339 Views)

Hey,

Start with the HIH-4000-001 data sheet, it has all the info you need: http://sensing.honeywell.com/honeywell-sensing-hih4000%20series-product-sheet-009017-5-en.pdf?name=H...

The sensor has 3 pins, power, ground and out.  Out is an analog voltage which represents the humidity using the following equation found on page 2 of the data sheet:

VOUT=(VSUPPLY)(0.0062(sensor RH) + 0.16), typical at 25 ºC

Page 5 of the datasheet recommends the following 'typical application circuit'.

0.PNG

Take some time and look through the data sheet.  All of the information you need is there (that's the point of a data sheet).  Datasheets can be intimidating at first but once you learn how to read them you'll be able to use any sensor you can find.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,333 Views)

thank you very much for help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,321 Views)

hi.. i'm also using this sensor, but i can't get the humidity number exactly, can you give me the vi you use? 

what NI module do you use anyway? i'm using NI9201, is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,325 Views)