Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with vision assistant 8.5

hi there..,

I'm new to the Vision Assitant software.

My aim is to modify (the gray-threshold of..) several images I have, and overlap them one above the other and acquire a final single image. 

(You can think of it as putting together the data collected at different instances.) 

I acquired like 60 images in an experiment.

Now what I do is

- start the software and click on 'open image' and select all the .TIF files from the folder.  

- I can see all the images in the 'Browse Image' thing. 

- I understand how I can adjust the grayscale threshold for each of the images separately. 

(but I couldn't figure out how I can save so many modified images in the 'buffer' since there are only 10 buffers.) 

- Now, I want to do it for every image and 'add' all the images to view them all in one picture..

and that finishes my job. 

your suggestions are highly valued,  

thanks you so much for your time and patience..,

-bhanu 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,150 Views)

I request people to drop in 'some advice'. 

This part is very important for my masters thesis.

or at least  if someone could suggest a source where I can get answers for this kind of questions, it would be a great help for me.

Thanks for reading this post,

bhanu 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,133 Views)

Hi bhanu,

Do you have LabVIEW or a C ADE? Because after this step, you can generate Labview code or C code. The vision assistant is just an help to use vision. But you need to add few thing to realise what you want.

Regards

Yann C.

France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,114 Views)

Hi Yann,

Thanks so much for the reply.

I do have Labview on the same comp.

So I'd rather give up on Vision Assistant and modify the 'add image' example in Labview to get the work done.

Thanks once again,

Bhanu,

TU-Delft 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,109 Views)

i have a problem in vision assitant when I use  myRIO,. my vision assistant ask password after have setting wizard .., how to solve this problem.,. please help me abou this., 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,931 Views)

By default the myRIO password is blank. You can change the password using the WIF (type the myRIO IP address into your web browser).

How are you acquiring images in your Vision Assistant block? If you're opening image files I think the vision assitant will try to transfer the files from your host computer to the RT target via FTP. The FTP server is not enabled on myRIO by default, so you may need to install FTP support via MAX or choose a webcam rather than an image file to avoid this issue.

Let us know if that helps.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,879 Views)

I loading image files use webcam, and it connected directly to the myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,850 Views)