Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generation of two complementary pwm signals using myrio

Solved!
Go to solution

hello, im working on a project, and i need to generate two complementary pwm signals(when one goes to 1, the other goes to 0) by using myrio.

the problem with the pwm blocks of myrio is that when you fixe the duty cycle, the signal always starts by its high value. Can anyone help me please ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,724 Views)

Hello,

What do you use to control your MyRio?

If it is LabVIEW, have you tried to generate a first signal PWM and use a logical NOT to create the second one?

Keep me intouch.

Best regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,709 Views)

hello jovan, thanks for answering , i am using labview to control myRio, i thought about using a logical not to invert the other pwm but still dont know where to place this "logical not" to create the second pwm because the myrio pwm block which is available on labview is directly connected to the pwm pins.

here is a picture of the labview pwm block. where can i place the "logical not" to invert the first pwm signal ? ( im using an oscilloscope to view my signals)

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,689 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author doudoutinni

Hello,

You can create a square Boolean signal with chosen duty cycle and frequency, create its opposite with logical NOT and then send both signals via Digital Out vi (myRIO/Default/ Digital Out) to two different outputs.

Best regards,

Jovan N. - Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,677 Views)

Smiley Happy   thanks a lot Jovan. 

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,669 Views)

i am doing my project in which i have to generate 2  pwm signal using myrio of 5khz can anyone can help 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,481 Views)

Hello Jovan, 

I have been trying to generate the complementary PWM control an asynchronous Buck converter, I used the Square Waveform from Waveform generation palette but I can not send this signal to the MyRio Digital input because it is DBL and i need a boolean. 

How can I convert this signal? Or what will be a better option to generate a boolean PWM?

viccw02_0-1625713094037.png

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,161 Views)

Your question has very little to do with this ancient thread, but please be aware that help here will be much more specific if you would attach your VI instead of truncated images.

Why is there a local variable? Where is the terminal?

Why is there a build array on the waveform?

Where is the rest of the code?

What is the overall architecture?

etc.

Here's how you can make the VI not broken, but I am 100% sure there are much better ways to do whatever you want to do. Start with some basic tutorials. 😄

altenbach_0-1625723522080.png

Since you just want a TF output, I am not even sure why you think you need to create a DBL waveform first?

Can you explain the entire functionality you are trying to implement?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,155 Views)