From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 88708 when using digital multimeter on myDAQ, trouble with ELVIS

When I use the multimeter on the Elvis my computer recognizes the myDAQ but when I press I get an error: 88708 the specified resource is not available.  

I also tried the self test in MAX and get an error. (attached)

ELVIS had trouble finding the MYDAQ saying there was no device, but I was able to fix that.  I unistalled and reinstalled everything.

This was working about 2 weeks ago, I had no trouble and I had no errors, except that ELVIS couldn't recognize the MYDAQ, I changed USB ports and it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,026 Views)

Hi Colleen92,

Can you provide additional details regarding what might have changed on your computer in the last two weeks? (i.e. operating system updates, NI software/driver updates, etc.) Also, please reference the NI myDAQ Troubleshooting linked below, which will provide a series of tests that should narrow down the issue further. Finally, I have also linked the NI Elvis and myDAQ Getting Started Guide, which further explains installation and troubleshooting steps.

NI myDAQ Troubleshooting Guide

Getting Started Guide for NI ELVIS II Series and NI myDAQ Hardware

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,013 Views)
Thank you for your quick response. I managed to fix the problem. I had to change some settings in my administrative tools.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,007 Views)