Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elvis control board

Hi there!

We are having troubles with the elvis platform since it seems that the control board  doesn't allow the elvis work. We opened it and could see that there was humidity in the 48 pin connector. No leds activated and no voltages from the sources. Could you help us to locate the problem. We have also interchange this control board from other elvis that are ok and then the system works well. May it be some of the integrated circuits on the control board?

Thaks,

Vielka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,857 Views)

Hi vielka.

First of all, I'd like to confirm if you're using the ELVIS or the ELVIS II board. Also, when you say "no leds activated" you mean the status leds?

If that's the case and you saw humidity in some pins the device is probably damaged and will need to be sent for repairs. You can make additional troubleshooting steps, I'd recommend you to:

1. Verify that the power source is giving the appropriate voltage.

2. Check the fuse for continuity to make sure it's working.

Aldo H
Ingenieria de Aplicaciones
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,848 Views)

Hi Aldo. Thanks for getting back at me. It was the ELVIS (1) board and it happened that humidity probably caused some kind of short circuit and some of the vias were broken. The technician found these and repair it. Now it is working again. He also cleaned the connector's pins. We don´t know why it accumulates so much humidity inside this connector.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,844 Views)