Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital electronics FPGA board not powering up

I am fixing 2 NI Digital Electronics FPGA Boards for a local high school. They do not power up and I have isolated the problem to IC14 on the bottom side of the board. IC14 is a SOT23-6 device and is marked 330D on the top side. I am unable to locate the manufacturer of this part using top mark searches. I believe IC14 is a current limiting power switch that gets the enable input from SW10 to pin 5 of IC14. Vin on IC14 is pin 4 and Vout is pins 2 and 3. IC14 is getting the enable from SW10 but the output on pins 2 and 3 to not going to 15V. No shorts were found and the board will power up fine if IC14 pins 4 and 3 are jumpered together.

Looking for the part number for IC14 so I can get these back to the high school in time for the class this semester.

Any help is appreciated.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,808 Views)

Jason,

I want to let you know that this will void the warranty if these two devices are still in their servicable period, and if you want NI to service this, you can RMA the device.  That being said, the IC you are trying to identify is FDC6330L from Fairchild Semiconducter.  The datasheet can be found here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,789 Views)