From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistant does not exist

I have the student license of LabView. I tried to bring up the Daq Assistant, but it does not exist.

I searched for it in the software, but it doesnt seem to be there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,841 Views)

After installing LabVIEW, you must install DAQmx that supports your LabVIEW version. You can download DAQmx from http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/ps/30/sn/catnav:du,n19:Windows,...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,834 Views)

Kate-

I noticed you did not write anything. Are you havin gthe same problem?  I called tech support, and instead of fixing the problem they had me post here.  Strangest way of doing tech support i have ever experienced.

-Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,817 Views)

Kate's response tells you exactly what to do and where to go.

How much per year are you paying for tech support? You seem to have found the answer to your question easily enough, even if you don't recognize it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,798 Views)

If there is a written response from kate, I cannot see it.  I see a link that goes white sometimes, so i missed it the first time. All Kate's link takes me to is a page full of drivers. Many which i already have loaded. so how exactly does it tell me exactly what to do?

As for tech support, I called NI about the problem, and instead of helping me had me post it to their forums. I am a student, so I guess you could say I am paying zero for tech support as the college help desk does not employ people that are well versed in LabView. I have never ever had a company's tech support go about the problem this way.

Yes, I may not recognize it, because I have been using labview for less than a month! 

Are either of you NI employees?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,769 Views)

The link exists and shows the DAQmx drivers. You either did not install DAQmx or you installed it after you installed LabVIEW. DAQmx is the driver that contains the DAQ Assistance. You have not provided the version of LabVIEW that you are using so start with the latest version and check the readme to see if your version is supported. You say you've installed some versions of DAQmx but not what version or in what order. The driver has to come after installing LabVIEW and it has to be acompatible version. This question of yours has been asked numerous, numerous times and the same answers given. What did you search for before posting the question?

p.s. Your version of LabVIEW is next to free compared to the multi-thousand dollar license that most of us pay. That is why your support is limited to the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,767 Views)

This is the first time I have heard anything about a required order of operations concerning installing the software. Not so obvious as you seem to think.   I did  install the drivers first.  Again, No warnings from anyone.  Why'd I do that you ask? UND has a web based application that allows students to use various software on their license. LabView being one of them. I had to have the driver to see the MyDaq for that.  So, then my LabView comes in the mail a few days later and I install that.  No where in the "readme" does it say not to install the drivers first. It actually says very little about that! Imagine that!

I also did not realize there were teirs of customers, and I was in the peasant category.

Dont get me wrong, I do appreciate the help, but doing away with the condescending attitude will help you get your point across to others. For whatever reason, i could not see her post at all for the last week and a half. Which is why i said, "why is your reply blank?"  I do know how to read, believe it or not.

And I also lurked the forum, and I did not see numerous, numerous posts that say "daq assistant does not seem to come up, or exist, or Help, I have no Daq Assistant." 

Anyways, i'm off to uninstall everything and try again with your "so obvious a caveman can do it" instructions on the order of installation.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,760 Views)
I did a search for 'DAQ.Assistant missing' and came up with numerous results which is why I asked what were your search terms.

I guess you aren't interested in how to install LabVIEW support without installing everything. I just did it for my upgrade to LabVIEW 2013 and it only took a couple of minutes.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,746 Views)