Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

console out from myRIO

Hi,

There is a "Console out" option in System Settings tab of NI MAX for myRIO.

But how can I connect to it using serial port? I've connected myRIO to my PC via a USB port but no COM port shows up for my to connect with...

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Yan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,442 Views)

Hello will2km,

I don't have a myRIO on hand to check this, but I believe that once you've enabled Console Out you should be able to access the output via either the WIF console out or via a UART serial connection to the standard two-wire serial output on connector (MXP) A. (UART.TX) 

If you're using the physical connector, you'll need an additional serial cable (USB-UART, US232, etc.) to connect to your PC.

Best Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,437 Views)

Hey Will2km,

What Outlaw said is correct.  Once you enable console out through MAX you can acccess the console output VIA the UART pins on the MXP A connector.  You'll need to use a 3.3v UART to USB adapter or a 3.3v UART to RS232 adapter to read the output.

Alternativly you can use SSH to remotely connect the the myRIO and get a Linux terminal interface.  The advantage of SSH is that you can use it over USB or WIFI.  The disavantage of SSH is that you won't see the verbose output during boot which you'd see with the console out.

Let us know if you have any more quesitons about this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,410 Views)