From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

commands and data exchanged between the NI driver and Matlab data acquisition toolbox.

Hi,

I used Bronkhorst’s own openDDE to control part of the mass flow meters/controllers in my experimental setup, while one other was operated from a LabView interface. My supervisor now wants me to stick with Matlab alone and work with the Matlab data acquisition toolbox and drivers of the respective devices under usage (predominantly NI- NI 9263, NI 9211, NI 9217,NI 9401,...). I'm a student and I'm still new to Matlab. I don't own any version of Matlab yet, but I will get one soon. Can you please enlighten me about the 'commands and data exchanged between the NI driver and Matlab data acquisition toolbox'. Is there a documentation/tutorial available that you could direct me to? Looking forward to your inputs 🙂 thanks a lot. 

Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,008 Views)

Hi Ram,

the documentation how the MATLAB data acquisition toolbox is calling the NI Drivers should be in the MATLAB Toolbox.

A Dokumentation of the National Instruments DAQmx Drivers are in the Drivers as a Help when you install them.

How MATLAB handles the NI Driver within its own toolbox you should ask MATLAB because this is nothing National Instruments can influence.

But maybe the MathWorks Product Page and the Support on it may help you. They have a Documentation linked there.

http://de.mathworks.com/products/daq/

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 2 of 2
(4,971 Views)