From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I read more than 2 analog inputs from myDAQ?

Hello, 

I am trying to read 3 voltage values. However, the myDAQ only has 2 analog inputs.

There are multi-meter ports in the myDAQ as well. Could I read the 3rd value via this port?

How would I read these values via the DAQ assit on labVIEW?

Thanks in advance. 

Yzhi 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,131 Views)

When you configure the DAQ Assistant, you should see an option in the list of channels to acquire named "dmm" however, this input is not the same as one from the analog input section and you will not be able to use all three in the same task. 

What you could do if you need more channels is use the digital output to control an external multiplexer and switch through analog inputs that way. This method will work best on lower frequency analog signals. 

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,119 Views)

Hello Yzhi,

You can acquire from the DMM and the analog inputs using two parallel tasks. The simplest way is to configure one DAQ Assistant for the AI channels, and another DAQ Assistant for the DMM channel. Be aware that the DMM is a software-timed single-point measurement (no hardware waveform acquisition), so you can't tightly synchronize the DMM with the Analog Inputs.

Here is a screenshot demonstrating how to acquire from all three channels. You could also run the DMM in a separate loop so it doesn't slow down AI.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Charles Y.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,069 Views)

Can you more precise how to use digital output to control an external multiplexer and switch through analog inputs. I need to measure voltage and current across a solar panel and also use a mosfet where its Vgs signal will lead to a specific IV curve.

Attached is the circuit I need to implement in a somewhat similar way.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,856 Views)