Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blockstate.vi error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I have a cDaq9172 with NI9217 module. I use it for Pt100 measurement and it has been working well for years now. I didn't change

the computer setup, didn't install new drivers (as far as I know others also didn't), didn't change software; but now suddenly the daq software doesn't work.

I get this error:

An exception occured within the external code called by  a Call Library Function Node. This might have corrupted LabView's memory.

"Blockstate.vi:1" was stopped at node '"" at a call to "DAQmxAssistant_DAQmx Create AI Channel (sub).vi:2

(Actually running my vi doesn't show error, it just doesn't work, only going inside the express vi or the measurement explorer shows this error)

I see that there has been a similar error in another thread, but there he tried something new, here I had it working earlier.

(http://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-ELVIS/Cannot-combine-AI-channels-into-a-four-chan...

I'm trying now to update the daq driver (it's still downloading for a long time), but as it did work with the earlier one (considering the hardware is also old) I'd like it to work with the original software.

I have WinXP32bit, Labview 2009sp1 and   NI-DAQmx 9.0.2. My program uses the DAQAssistant express vi  (tried to do it in low-level as well, but couldn't make that work yet, didn't understand something in the docs about timings etc; but that's another problem)

Can it be that the existing driver files simply got corrupted on the hdd?

thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Horvath_Mark

Dear Mark,

this indeed seems like an issue of software corruption. Either the code you have written (the specific VIs), or the installation you have on the PC became corrupt.

To fix this, you may:

• Repair the installation, here is a link on how to do that
  • Mass compile the application
  • Recreate the code responsible in a new VI.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,122 Views)

Thanks. I think the LV files might be damaged (it's really a surprise, when you don't use the pc for a while and it just doesn't work the next time you switch it on, happene a few times). I managed to copy the VI to another PC and it worked there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,113 Views)