Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee question about myRIO

Hi all, 

I have myRIO and  WSN 3202. If i have uart to zigbee adapter, can i get analog data through zigbee channel ? Is it possible to make a myRIO as a WSN gateway to receive data?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,492 Views)

Hello Andy,

Unfortunately, the Zigbee protocol that the WSN 3202 uses has a proprietary NI protocol on top of the zigbee standard protocol that we do not release to customers. Therefore, even if you were able to perform the extensive programming to generate the required Zigbee protocol, the NI layer would not be present. If you would like to get in touch with one of our account representatives to generate a quote for a WSN gateway, I would be happy to put you in contact with one of them.

Thanks!

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,480 Views)

Hello Collin

Thank you for your suggestion. 

The NI 9792 is a heavy device which is 833g but myRIO is 193g. As my application concern the weight, so do you have some suggestion?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,462 Views)

Hello Andy,

The 9791 is only 259g and should be able to complete what you are attempting. The only difference between the 9792 and the 9791 is that the 9791 can't do any internal processing, it merely hosts the variables it is configured to host. If you are simply reading and writing to and from these values, you should be able to get away with just the 9791. Is this light enough for your application?

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.wsn-9791.html

Thanks,

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,450 Views)