Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wizard Cannot Find myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the same problem using Win7 with firewall turned off.

The USBLAN Adapter is intstalled.

MAX shows this device present and I can open up the system configuration in IE.

However the wizard cannot located myRIO - any suggestions?

NO_myRIO.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,511 Views)

Good day rpcase,

I wonder if you checked the solutions comment on the other thread. Despite the solutions point to WinXP they are worth trying, specially the workaroud for the known issue 406307. If this fails, try reinstalling the myRIO software.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 2 of 15
(9,475 Views)

I have tried all the solutions found on the other thread.

If you scroll down to the bottom you will also find my other post on this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,403 Views)

There are 2 things missing from that picture…First, the name of myRIO under Devices and Interfaces looks odd is like the computer is recognizing a USB RAW device and second, MyRIO should be also visible under Remote Systems.

Try the following suggestions:

1. Go to the device manager and try to find a “USB\VID_3923&PID_762F\0304C072” and uninstall it, then unplug the device.

2. Reset the configuration data from MAX (Document ID: 4GA9TOQA)

After the computer restarts plug the myRIO back again to let the machine automatically recognize the hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,385 Views)

Found the “USB\VID_3923&PID_762F\0304C072” then uninstalled and unplugged.

Reset MAX configuration data.

After computer restarted then plugged in myRIO and the wizard came up, but the driver was not reinstalled.

The wizard recognized device and still could not located myRIO, however I can open the system configuration page in IE?

The screenshots are the same except that the National Instruments USBLAN Adapter is no longer installed.

Thinking I should reinstall NI myRIO Software Suite DVDs?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,340 Views)

Seems like that’s the next step, however, I would recommend copy/paste the DVDs content and running as an administrator the setup.exe from the hard drive. Don’t forget to disable the firewall and the antivirus during the installation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(9,338 Views)

I copied myRIO DVDs and reinstalled as an administrator then plugged in the USB and the USBLAN Adapter was then intstalled.

However, using the NI myRIO USB Monitor wizard did not locate the device.

Running the wizard generates windows application errors for "Bonjour Service" - I have pasted a screenshot of the windows application log below and can email text export of detailed log errors if needed.

Bonjour.png

Maybe the developer of the NI myRIO USB Monitor application can explain this error and a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(9,325 Views)

I discussed the problem with IT here and they suggested installing iTunes that includes the Bonjour service, however this also did not resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(9,318 Views)
Solution

Bonjour service is not related with myRIO software. Perhaps there are other components failing in your computer and the OS is the problem. Try installing the software on a separate computer.

I recommend using Dependency Walker, it will let you know what may be missing from the load process and the process itself is an executable called "ni_usbmon.exe":

Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 15
(9,316 Views)

Installed on a different PC and success!!! So must be OS problem on my PC that I will try to solve.

myRIO_Congrats.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(9,300 Views)