From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi communication between computer and myRio through TCP

Hi everybody,

I am using LabView 2015 on Windows 10 and I am trying to communicate with a myRio 1900 through TCP connection via Wi-Fi. I have already set the wi-fi up; I can ping the myRio (IP: 172.16.0.1) and it works. 

I would like to send and receive data from and to the board through TCP (other methods are not acceptable for us), by using myRio as the Server and the PC as the Client.

The main problem at this point is that the "TCP_Listen.vi" block on the Server hangs and it does not even start to listen on the port (perhaps we selected the wrong port number?).

Secondly, we have an Error 63 ("Serial port receive buffer overflow") on the Client.

In attachment, you can find our code.

Thank you very much in advance,

Lorenzo

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,293 Views)

Hi Lorenzo,

I can suggest you to use the example "Simple TCP" that you can find in Help>Find Examples in labview . Test your connection with that project and tell me if it pass.

Message 2 of 3
(3,240 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the IP address was wrong. Now the code works properly. 

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,232 Views)