Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is NI max crashing?

Hello, 

when I'm opening NI max, I get a crash report (see attached picture).

I am using the follwoing data aquisition hardware set-up: PCI 6221, which is connected to a connector box. The connector box is then connected to a voltage recorder and transfers my experimental measurements to a computer, where I'm using LabView to visualize my data.

The computer runs on Windows XP. 

What is the problem here? Can someone help me?

NI max Crash report-Sarah.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,563 Views)

Has it ever opened?  You might try reparing the installation or re-installing

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,527 Views)

That looks like windows XP and a real old version of LabVIEW (7?). Are you sure whatever MAX (14.5) you have installed is compatible with your LabVIEW version and OS?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,521 Views)

Yes, it's LabView 7. 

How do I know if it's compatible with my NI max version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,488 Views)

I don't know if it ever opened.

But I will try to reinstall it. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,487 Views)

You can also try upgrading NI System Configuration to 15.0, which will pull in a new version of MAX.

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-15.0.0/5454/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,429 Views)

If Windows XP (or LabView 7.0) is not compatible with NI max 14.5, shouldn't I rather try to install an older version of NI max?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,389 Views)

MAX 14.5 and 15.0 both still support XP and technically there shouldn't be a problem with LV 7.0.  If anything the culprit may be an old NI driver that you are using with LV 7.0 that isn't playing nice with MAX.

Its possible the crash is something that we have fixed in 15.0 or that 15.0 will display some additional information to help figure out which driver is potentially causing the issue.  Looking at our bug reports I see at least 3 different known issues that may cause that exception.  One was fixed in MAX 15.0 and the other two were fixed by NI-488.2 3.1.2 and NI-IMAQdx 14.5.  If the MAX upgrade doesn't fix the issue, you may want to look at upgrading those drivers if you have them installed as well.

Downgrading MAX is very problematic, so I would try to avoid it if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,326 Views)

Thanks a lot!! I upgraded the system and now it's working again... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,295 Views)