Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't ELVISmx software recognize myDAQ?

Windows device manager recognizes myDAQ.  Measurements and Automation as well as other NI software (e.g. ELVIS mx) does not recognize myDAQ. Have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software with no favorable results.  Don't know what to try next.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,195 Views)

Hello Nathan_

Sorry to hear you are having issues.  With something like this, I may be able to simulate your results.

Can you please provide for me your Operating System version, your version of LabVIEW and ELVISmx software version. 

Please refer to this link for information on how to interface the software with the myDAQ

Using NI myDAQ with NI ELVISmx Software Instruments

What exactly are you trying to do with the ELVISmx software and the myDAQ?  How are you trying to using the ELVISmx software to interface with the myDAQ.  Are you receiving any errors codes?  If you can provide the numeric error codes, I can reference them and help speed up the resolution time.

Answering these questions will really help me in assisting you.

Thank you very much for choosing National Instruments!

Sincerely,

Greg S.

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,182 Views)

Hello Greg S.

MyDAQ is new out of the box.  I loaded the software and then connected the myDAQ.  When there was no response, I tried to add the driver manually.  The instrument according to Microsoft Device Manager is "functioning properly".

I uninstalled the NI programs and then reinstalled.  Still the problem persisted.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows Vista Basic.  The software that was loaded with the new myDAQ was LabVIEW210 V10.0.0 and ELVISmx V4.2.2.

At this point I am just trying to get the myDAQ to talk with the software.  No error codes.  Once I have them communicating I will be learning LabVIEW programing.

Sincerely,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,170 Views)

Greg S.

One more thing.  When I run Measurement and Automation Exployer, the myDAQ does not show up under Devices and Interfaces.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,168 Views)

Hello Nathan_

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. There is a myDAQ troubleshooting device you may consider.  You can see the tutorial for it as well as the download link here:

NI myDAQ Troubleshooting Utility

I also have a Dell Insprion 1525 and I definitely experience issues with the USB ports.  Can you please try all (4?) USB ports on the PC?  Addtionally, just to verify that this issue is in fact computer dependent, can you try installing your software system on another machine, perhaps a desktop, and see if you are still seeing the same behaviour?

Can you try these out for me and let me know what your results are?  First, use the troubleshooting utility, then see if the myDAQ can be recognized in Measurement and Automation Explorer on another PC.  I look forward to finding a solution to your issue.

Thank you for choosing National Instruments!

Sincerely,

Greg S.

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,155 Views)