From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the single channel adc sample rate for myrio?

The spec states 500kS/sec aggregate. I am unsure how to determine from that spec exactly how fast I can sample using only one ADC channel (AI0). I've searched the forums, but have not found exaclty what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,384 Views)

Hey my_dubs,

Since all AI is multiplexed on the myRIO, you can achieve a maximum sampling rate on any combination of AI channels of 500 kS/s.  In other words, if you're only using one channel, you can sample at 500 kS/s.  If you sample on two channels, you can get 250 kS/s/channel, etc.  Keep in mind that each channel of audio also counts as an AI channel.  For example, if you are using AI0 and the R and L channels of the audio input, you will only get 166 kS/s/channel.

The MUX configuration of the myRIO-1900 is available on p.8 of the spec sheet if you want to see what counts as an individual channel:  http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376047a.pdf

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(6,370 Views)

I can achieve sigle channel 500 kS/s, but after adding second channel loop frequency decreased to 125 kHz. How can i achieve 250 kS/s on two channels?

I attach the FPGA vi.

Loop "A/AI0 Input N samples read" works perfectly when "Connector C/AI1" fragment is removed. It's duration is 80 ticks, that means 2 us, so 500 kS/s. But when i wanna measure this second channel analog signal and add this fragment, loop time is increasing to 320 ticks for loop. That is 4 times more, not two. Can anyone tell mi why is this loop so slow and how should i fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,521 Views)