From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial myRIO Stepper with 2 digital lines (step and direction)

Hey NI Community!

I'm new here and an academical employee.

I want to program / control a stepper with myRIO, this is needed for a research project at my institute to build a prototype.

The stepper is driven by a digital driver which have one digital line for the steps and one for the direction (see attached files).

Now I want to know, if there is a tutorial or a example for this because I have no Labview, FPGA and myRIO skills at the moment. 

THANKS! 😉

Message 1 of 2
(5,908 Views)

Hi MasterChief,

There is no tutorial how to control a stepper with myRIO. But there is an example shipped with the myRIO that is using a DI task. You can find this example in the LabVIEW example library. Go to Help >> Find examples in an open LabVIEW window. In the dialog open the folder Modules and Toolkits >> myRIO. There is an example called Edge detection and Debouncing.

The example contins a RT Main.vi. In this VI there is an express VI used. This express VI should be used in your application, too. You only hav to reconfigure the Digital Output instead of Digital Input.

For your application you will need to control two tasks witht the VI. One for the direction and one that outputs the pulse for the stepper.

Regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,880 Views)