Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering analog input with myDAQ, Error -200077

Hi everyone,

triggering with myDAQ seems to be a difficult task. In my case I want to trigger an Anlog Input (myDAQ->AI0) with an Digital Input (PFI0) on rising edges. If I create a new task with NI MAX, I can configure the task for reading an analog voltage over AI0 (differential, 1000@10k). On the triggering-tab I use digital for the trigger-type (it's the only possible value). If I try to save the task I get an error -200077, it tells me that I can't use any trigger-Type.
What is the reason, what is my mistake?
Thank you!

Sebastian Frank

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,184 Views)

Hi,

can you tell me the possible reason(s), please?

Which hardware do you use?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,164 Views)

I don't know what the reasons are. Otherwise I wouldnt ask. My configuration is the following:
Software:
Desktop PC with Windows 7 prof. SP1,
LabVIEW 2012 SP1 f5,
NI-DAQmx 9.8
NI ELVISmx 4.4

Hardware:
NI myDAQ
Sinewave-Output over AO0
Analog-Input over AI0+ and AI0-
Digital-Input over DIO0

When I try to create a new task in NI MAX with triggering the analog input of myDAQ, always an error -200077 occures. There is no Trigger-Type possible at all.

Does anyone has any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,154 Views)

When you get an error code, above that you get "possible reason(s)".

Can you attach a screenshot with the error code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,150 Views)

Hello Richard20,

In the attachment you can find a screenshot of the error. My workflow is the following:
1. Create a new task (see newTask.png)
2. Configuration of the task to measure 1000 values at 10k (see configuration.png)
3. Configuration of the trigger (only Digital Edge is selectable, see trigger_a.png)
4. Configuration of the trigger-Source (see trigger_b.png)
5. Saving the task --> the error occurs (see error.png)
What's wrong?

Sebastian Frank

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,146 Views)

As you know, myDAQ does not support analog triggering in HW, so the ELVISmx software does it by using a continuously-acquiring task. 

Here is a link. There are VIs with software trigger. Have a look and please give me feedback.

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5583

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,092 Views)