From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between Default and High-throughput FPGA functionlity - myRio toolkit 2014

I am working a robot that uses myRIO for data acquisition and motor control.

I am using PWM express VI to control the duty cycle sent into the motors. The robot also needs to be sound activated (detect frequency) so I used AudioIn express VI from High-throughput FPGA functionality VIs (High-throughput used to be able to control sample rate and number of samples)

The problem is that  High-throughput FPGA functionality doesn't allow PWM express VI so I can't combine the two codes together. I was hoping if anyone knows a way to go around this conflict.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,718 Views)

Hi  bayoim123

I do not completly understand if the issue is related with the available resources in the FPGA when you try to deploy the project, or if you get an error when you try to build your code. Could you please be a little bit more specific? Would it be possible for you to upload a screenshot of the warning or error message that you receive?

If PWM Express VI is giving you problems, maybe you could try to implement it with another method. Here some options:

Developing a PWM Interface using LabVIEW FPGA

PWM Output With LabVIEW FPGA

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,678 Views)