Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stainsmart I2C LCD communication with myRIO

Hi cyotani

You have the following sequence of commands in the initialization VI:

3-3-3-2-40-1-6-12-3-128-1

Can you please explain what each on of these mean?

Mainly I need to know that because I am trying a 16x4 lcd and I don't know which command to modify.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(6,777 Views)

Thanks for the input. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure that out as well. But finally gave up on it. That initialization sequence the overall code architecture came from this community post for a 16X2 parallel LCD driver:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2741

I modified it to work with I2C communication and used the same intialization sequence and it seemed to work find except the text wrapped in two long rows with lines 1 and 3 being a row and lines 2 and 4 being a row so I simply converted a 4 string array into that format to work with the display.

Message 12 of 15
(6,770 Views)

Here is an updated project based on the LCD that I have.

The LCD will display the text written to the multi line string controller on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(5,473 Views)

hi,

i want to create a standalone application in myrio and that application's results are to be displayed in the lcd display. So my doubt is that can I use these vis for that application. and i've seen other pages and websites which says for interfacing lcd with myrio we must and should use Pmod cls, a Digilent product which supports communication between myrio and lcd. is it true?

thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(5,409 Views)

Hi

I don't know what type of problems other were facing but I have previously deployed the attached code on a standalone application that is running without issues.

Regards

AA

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(5,406 Views)