Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling data from myDAQ in LabVIEW

I am doing research for a university and I am having problems scaling data from myDAQ in LabVIEW.  I am using the DAQ Assistant to read a voltage from a circuit.  The voltage is too large to be read by the analog input, so I have a voltage divider to scale the voltage down to an acceptable range.  In LabVIEW I am then attempting to scale the voltage back up by using a constant and a multiply block, but for some reason the values are not coming out properly.  If I do not multiply the data in LabVIEW, the voltage value matches the DMM reading I get from the circuit, but once I add the multiply block and constant the voltage displayed in LabVIEW stays pretty constant at an incorrect value.  The DAQ Assistant is configured to read an analog voltage from AI0 and AI1.  Both inputs are sampled continuously at 100Hz and acquire 100 samples.  The other settings are default.  Immediately after the DAQ Assistant, I have a "split signals" block with each going to a respective numeric display and chart.  I think the problem has something to do with the DAQ Assistant outputing a 1D array of dynamic data, but I need to be able to scale the value up after acquisition.

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,217 Views)

Try creating a custom scale by double clicking the DAQ Assistant. "Custom Scaling" should be an option in the Voltage Input Setup. Then create a scale that has a zero slope and a y-Intercept of whatever your constant is.  

I hope this helps,

Eric

Message 2 of 4
(6,194 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.  I actually have to multiple the voltage value by a constant to scale it up, not add an offset, but what you said sounds like it may solve my problem.  Tomorrow I will try using the custom scaling with my constant as the slope and a zero intercept, and I will post the results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,186 Views)

I used the custom scaling in the DAQ Assistant and it fixed the problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,176 Views)