Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing a web service on NI My-RIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello and good day to you all.

Iam trieng to publish a simple web service on the NI My-RIO that turns on and off one of the on board LEDs.

If I run the application normally it works but if I try publish it I get an error message that says no application web service is enabled.

When I go to the properties of myrio in my LabVIEW project I find the "Configure web application server" option unselectable,

Can anybody advise me what code be the source of this problem.

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(14,273 Views)

Hey Ahmed,

There is an example project in LabVIEW that demonstrates how to build and deploy a web service to an RT target and have it run at startup.

In LabVIEW Click Help>>Find Examples then Search and search for 'weather monitor rt' .  Make sure you get the one that ends in 'RT' because there is another non-rt one.

There is a readme in the project that explains how to build and deploy the web service and then connect to it from a host side app.

Give this a shot and see if it works.  Let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(14,269 Views)

Hi Sam,

I tried the example.

When I select "Deploy All" I get the following error message "An active NI Application Web Server was not detected on the target." Also refer to attachment for more information.

Dose this mean that thier is some mssing package in My-Rio?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(14,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahmed1986

Hmm... I didn't think you needed app web server installed for the example to work, but maybe you do.  I'm not sure if I installed it on my myRIO or not.  

You can install Application Web Server through MAX

(going from memory here so some of the naming might be slightly off)

1. Launch MAX
  2. Find your myRIO under remote systems and expand it (click the +)
  3. Right click software and choos Add/Remove
  4. Either choose custom install or the recommended software set and then make sure to put a check next to Application Web Server.

The myRIO will reboot and you should be good to go.

Let us know if that solves the problem.

Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(14,244 Views)

I thank you kind sir. 

Turns out web application server was not installed (strangeSmiley Indifferent).  There were alot of stuff that were not installed  to (probably to save memory.) 

The application can now be publised but I feel the response of the myrio to my request for turning on and off the leds is slow. 

Any thank you Sam for you time. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(14,239 Views)

Hey ahmed1986,

I'm happy to hear that that solved your problem.  As you noticed by default a minimal software set is installed to the myRIO when you install software from the myRIO getting started wizard.   This is mainly to make sure the install is relativly quick and that your myRIO isn't bogged down with a bunch of drivers you arn't using.  This helps the myRIO boot faster too.

Let us know if you have any more questions about this.

Thanks!

Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(14,212 Views)

I tried your solution, but when I go to view the published web services in "Configure my Rio" web page I get an error box with okay, see the image

Also when I try to open that link I get:

Access Error: 403 -- Forbidden

Access Forbidden
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(13,020 Views)

Hello everyone!

while using web service through myrio to blinl a led on myrio... i am getting   a problem. Since i m very new to all these things, if u can help me then plz. I am getting this message while publishing my web service. "The Web Services deployment failed. An active NI Application Web Server was not detected on the target. Verify that the NI Application Web Server is installed on the target, is enabled, and has completed startup."

And when i am using url, it doesnt open. and also i am not able to configure web application server

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,853 Views)

Hello sriniamma0912!

Did you take a look at the target to verify that you have the Application Web Server installed through MAX? You might not be able to configure it because it is not yet installed on your target.

If you try following the steps outlined by Sam K you might move in the correct direction.

You can install Application Web Server through MAX

1. Launch MAX
  2. Find your myRIO under remote systems and expand it (click the +)
  3. Right click software and choos Add/Remove
  4. Either choose custom install or the recommended software set and then make sure to put a check next to Application Web Server.

Give this a try and let us know if you complete this step! 

Also since this thread is relativley old, it might be wise to post this new question in a new thread for others to see! They forums are typically very active and many people will respond to new posts. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,825 Views)