Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about Canbus adapter -- X can

Hi everyone.

I have some problem about the X-can adapter for myRIO(https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/stratom-myrio-can-adapter.html. I use a example code to get a data through Canbus interface. The problem is i can't get all data. So i use NI 9862 to get data again. The result is good. So what is the problem of X-can?Any solution to solve it ?

Thanks

Andy Chung

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,580 Views)

Screenshots of data won't really help troubleshoot.

Are you using the 9862 in a cRIO or a cDAQ?  I'd expect the code to be quite a bit different depending on the hardware you're using.  Can you share the code?  Are you using the same exact code for both pieces of hardware? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,568 Views)

hi

Thanks for your suggestion. I put 9862 in cDAQ and use MAX to read data.  i can share my code. Please find the attachments. i am not sure the code for cDAQ becasue i use the MAX. 

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,558 Views)

Where did you get that example?  I'm missing some of the subVIs so I can't see the entire code.

When you use MAX to test the other device, you're bypassing code entirely and letting NI handle that piece for you.  All that's really going to show you is the bus and other device are working.  It tells you nothing about your code nor the device you're actually worried about.  You don't want to get into the habit of comparing these results.

Have you modified the example at all or is that how it was originally put together?  There are a lot of things overlapping on the Block Diagram that make it look like it's been modified.  On the Front Panel, there's a warning about using RAW Data.  Are you doing this?  When you get only some of the data, are you getting the same number of blocks each time or are you getting different amount of data with each run?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,541 Views)