Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No devices supported in the DAQ assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm using high speed digitizer (NI 5922). I installed the Labview 8.5.1, then the NI scope software for the NI 5922 High speed digitizer, and then the driver hardware. And I tested the DAQmx with the MAX and it passes the self test. But when I started to use the labview with the DAQ assistant as described in the manuals I didn't find any supported devices! Should I connect a physical device to the channels of the driver hardware or what should I do?

Thanks,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IbrahimSadiek

The 5922 is supported by NI-Scope http://www.ni.com/digitizers/software.htm and not by DAQmx. That page should help you get started.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,209 Views)

Hey Ibrahim,

you can't use the DAQ Assistant to use your NI-5922. The DAQ Assistant works only with DAQmx devices and the NI-5922 doesn't use the DAQmx driver.

You can use the so called Soft Front Panel to test your device. Take a look at this page:

NIScopeTutorial.pdf
http://classes.engineering.wustl.edu/ese103/images/7/7b/NIScopeTutorial.pdf

If you want tot programm the Scope with VIs, the following page is a good starting point:

Getting Started with NI-SCOPE - Developer Zone - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3382/en

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,203 Views)

Hi Gaving and Stephan,

Thank you for your kind concern,

I think I was using the wrong program. anyway, for some reasons I reinstalled the NI-Scope again. Now, I'm trying to program the NI-scope with the LabView but I can't find the NI-scope driver in Instrument drivers of the Labview block diagram.

As mentioned in the help:

In the block diagram>>express palette >>input>> then to the instrument driver!

for some reasons, I don't know why, I cannot find the initialize function of the NI-scope driver Although, it is listed in the MAX and passed the self test and I can use the SCOPE soft front panel interactively!

what should I do?

Also, I can't open the examples in the NI-scope itself ( start>>programs>>National instruments>>NI-Scope>> examples>>C>>I see folders each one contains three files; one txt and the other with (.c) extension and the third one I don't know its type, Is this normal?

best,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,164 Views)

Hi Gaving and Stephan,

I think I was using the wrong program. anyway, for some reasons I reinstalled the NI-Scope again. Now, I'm trying to program the NI-scope with the LabView but I can't find the NI-scope driver in Instrument drivers of the Labview block diagram.

As mentioned in the help:

In the block diagram>>express palette >>input>> then to the instrument driver!

for some reasons, I don't know why, I cannot find the initialize function of the NI-scope driver Although, it is listed in the MAX and passed the self test and I can use the SCOPE soft front panel interactively!

what should I do?

Also, I can't open the examples in the NI-scope itself ( start>>programs>>National instruments>>NI-Scope>> examples>>C>>I see folders each one contains three files; one txt and the other with (.c) extension and the third one I don't know it's type, Is this normal?

best,

Ibrahim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,162 Views)

The LabVIEW examples should have been installed in the LabVIEW directory (like c:\program files\national instruments\labview\examples\). You can also get to them through the help menu>>find examples>>hardware input and output.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,134 Views)

Hi Gaving,

I reallz appreciate zour help,

I still have another problem with mz NI-Scope cos I cant see the its initialize function in the block diagram. the driver is not visible.

it passed the self test in the MAX but I cant see its icon in the block instrument and driver pallete of the block diagram!

best,

Ibrahim 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,130 Views)

hmm...let me throw out some possible explanations

1. LabVIEW was not installed first before NI-Scope. This would cause the Scope installer to not install the palette. Reinstall NI-Scope and reboot.
  2. The Scope driver does not support your version of LabVIEW. Check the README.html file for that driver. You can uninstall and install an older version of Scope if need be. Also check http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/118487844F92874B86257A360068221A
  3. You have not restarted LabVIEW since installing Scope. Not likely since you need to reboot after installation, but it is an explanation.
  4. You should be able to find the palette by finding the palette labeled "Measurement I/O" or "Instrument I/O" and look for NI-Scope. I don't currently have it installed so I can't be very specific.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,122 Views)

mmm!!

Really, I installed the labView first! and I'm using 8.5.1 which is compatible with my NI-Scope 4.0 driver! even more I just re-installed the NI-scope again and I still can't see the icon of the NI-Scope Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,117 Views)

I'm running out of ideas...try discussing this in the http://forums.ni.com/t5/High-Speed-Digitizers/bd-p/150 forum since it is more specialized for scopes.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(8,113 Views)