From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No communication betwen my NI USB-6251, BNC 2090 and windows 7.

Hi,
I recently installed Labview 8.2.1 on my new PC (windows7, 64-bit), and activated it as well.Then I installed NI-DAQmx 9.1.1 too, from "device manager" at control panel, I can see

NI USB-6251(Mass Termination) works well.

However, when I run MAX I can't find activated NI USB-6251(Mass Termination), it is not there!

I connected BNC-2090 to NI USB-2090, then to my PC by usb cable. I found the LED ready light is on/green, but never changed to flashing yellow as I run my labview on my windows XP.

So, is there any problem about bus rejump on BNC 2090?

Any suggestion or whoever met this kind of issue are appreciated...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,838 Views)

Hi ZHH,

Can you attach a picture of exactly how this hardware is set up and a screen shot of your windows device manager when the device is connected?

Have you had this device working on another machine? if so what software was on the working system? 

Also as a note it looks like the version of LabVIEW you has is not supported with the version of DAQmx that you have. This does not mean that it won't work, but National Instruments has not tested the compatibility. 

Compatibility: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53326/en/

Regards,

Conrad Smith

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,800 Views)

Hi Conrad

Thanks for your immediate response. The attached is from Device manage from windows 7, showing USB-6251 running well.

I connected BNC 2090 to NI USB-6251,  and by a usb cable USB-6251 is connected to PC, windows 7; but MAX can't recognize USB-6251.

This same facilities were connected to my old PC, windows xp, and labview 8.2.1 worked well with communication with USB-6251, and I can see USB-6251 when I ran MAX.

Any possible problems?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,797 Views)

Hi ZHH,

I would try upgrading your DAQmx version because it looks like DAQmx 9.1.1 is not compatible with Windows 7.

DAQmx and Windows Compatibility: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53327/en/

It is a good sign though that your device is showing up properly in Windows Device Manager.

Regards,

Conrad Smith

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,785 Views)

Hi ZHH,

I would try upgrading your DAQmx version because it looks like DAQmx 9.1.1 is not compatible with Windows 7.

DAQmx and Windows Compatibility: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53327/en/

It is a good sign though that your device is showing up properly in Windows Device Manager.

Regards,

Conrad Smith

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,783 Views)

Hi, Conrad

Thanks for your linkage.

I just uninstalled my NI-DAQmx 9.1.1, and installed 9.5.5.

At very beginning, I remember USB-6251 showed green in MAX, but after I activated in registration wizard or configuration, it is changed to gray, as shown in the attached file.

I also upgraded to DAQmx9.6, but the same state of USB-6251 in MAX...

Do you know what happened after I install ver. 9.5-9.6, since installment of the previous ver.9.1, USB-6251 can't be found in MAX? but why just showed UN-activated in ver 9.5 or 9.6?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,776 Views)

Hi ZHH,

1.)Is the ready light green now?

2.)What power supply are you using for the device?

3.)Have you tried the device in multiple USB slots?

4.)When you plug in the device do you get a configuration pop up?(See attached image)

Regards,

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,768 Views)