Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Variable Deployment on myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I just wanted to check how to do something.

I have a VI I created for myRIO which utilised a number of network published shared variables. These variables are hosted on the myRIO. I have build the application and deployed it to the myRIO as a start up application.

I can see the variables under the myRIO on the distributed systems manager.

In order to access the variables from a separate LabVIEW app run on the PC, I have to re-create the variables enabling Aliasing. (right click on library node -> Create Bound Variables..)

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author niNickC

Hi Nick,

You can use VIs of the Shared Variable Palette to access Network Published Shared Variables. They can be found in Data Communication -> Shared Variable palette.

In this case you will need only to open the variable connection providing the refnum, containing the name and IP address of the myRIO, and the data type of the variable. 

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

Message 2 of 4
(4,510 Views)

Hey thanks,

This is great. Is this faster (reads changes quicker, executes faster?) than the method I specified above do you know?

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,427 Views)

Glad to hear it helps.

I've never compared performance of these methods, but I think the speed should be the same.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,424 Views)