Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI elvismx instrument launcher stopped working

why does evlis stop working when i start it up? it is not the hardware it is the software that stops working. that is the only error message i get, and then it just shuts down... help me please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(9,716 Views)

Hello sheeze,

Could you please go into more detail about the error you are seeing? It would really help to know:

1) Does this only happen when you first start Elvismx Instrument Launcher?

2) Has the program ever worked in the past?

3) Are there any error messages or codes when the program stops? 

4) Is there an option to report the problem to Microsoft/National Instruments?

5) What version of Elvismx are you using?

6) What operating system do you have on the computer (including 32- or 64-bit)?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(9,699 Views)

im running 64 bit.. the program was working about a year ago i have not tried using it since then up until a few weeks ago... it is the the 2011 version. There is no option to report to microsoft once the error has occured. Also there is no error message codde number. What simply happens is i open the software and it automatically crashes saying " NI Evlis instrumnet launcher has stopped working" ... it takes a few seconds to try and reload but then gives a popup message giving the sole option of "close program" .  I am using windows7 for my OS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(9,695 Views)

i just finished installing labview 2014 and the ELVIS instrument launcher does not want to startup. it simply crashes everytime i open it.. it is the only program from NI that does this. please help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(9,687 Views)

Hi sheeze,

If you installed LabVIEW after you installed the Elvismx driver, and have not reinstalled/updated the driver, this may have caused the issue you are seeing. In the readme files for installing our drivers we always recommend to install software first, and then drivers. Doing this out of order may make the drivers unusable. A good next step in this case would be to try reinstalling Elvismx, and depending on what hardware you are using it might also help to change to version 14.0

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(9,682 Views)

this issue is prior to reinstalling the updated version of labview 2014. i tried opening elvis once the installation was complete and the same issue arose. i am currently waiting on the download for the newest version of ELVISmx to finish installing and i hope that will fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(9,664 Views)

i just finished installing the newest version of EVLIS offered on NI website and right before it finished installing it said that it could not install because it was already installed on my computer. I then tried to open up elvis once again.. and it just showed me the same message it keeps showing me. what do i do now? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(9,656 Views)

Hello sheeze,

Sorry if I was unclear, but what I meant was to completely uninstall the driver and then reinstall it. From what it sounds like, you didn't remove the previous version of the driver before reinstalling. Let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(9,625 Views)