From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Elvis throwing error 7, NI 488: Non existent board, NI Elvis traditional throwing error 2, NI 488: Write detects no Listeners when attempting to launch labview

I wrote a program on a laptop in our lab that used both the NI Elvis power supplies and DMM.  On the laptops in the lab, which connected to NI Elvis through a board in the NI-PXIe device the program worked perfectly both as a vi and as an executable.  The program needed to be put on some computers in another lab for student use with a different version of labview, and everything worked except for the variable power supplies.  I activated debugging and it reported Error 7 at New File, NI 488: Non-Existent Board.  After attempting to trouble shoot this and not finding any helpful results I attempted to rewrite the program on the computers directly, since I could only put the program on the computers as an executable since it was written in 8.6 and the computers only have 8.0 and 8.2.  To begin I was going to launch labview from NI Elvis to use one of the example codes as a base for my program.  When attempting to do this I got Error 2 with the possible causes being Labview memory full and NI 488: Write detected no listeners.  My question is are the two errors related, and how can I fix these errors?  All the NI Elvis software is 2.0, the original program was written in Labview 8.6, the computers have Labview 8.0 and 8.2 on them.  The NI Elvis devices are connected directly through the computers, rather than through another device, I'm not sure if this might be causing some obscure hardware issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,936 Views)

Hello Chris,

It looks like this error is associated with not having administrator privileges. Take a look at this other forum post for more information:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-NI/Error-2-when-starting-LabVIEW-from-ELVIS-Instr...

If you can log in as an administrator you should be able to avoid getting error 2 when you launch LabVIEW from NI Elvis. Alternatively, you can upgrade to NI-ELVIS 3.0, because the issue is fixed in that version of NI-ELVIS. You can find this by going to ni.com/support and searching for "NI-ELVIS 3.0"

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,932 Views)