Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI ELVIXmx "No Supported Devices"

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit, Labview 2011 and have an Elvis II+ board. I have downloaded and installed NI ELVISmx 4.5. When I plugged in the Elvis board to the computer the computer recoginized the Elvis II+ board and installed the driver. In NI MAX the NI ELVIS II+ board is listed as present along with its serial  number. However, If I open up the NI ELVISmx Instrument Launcher and choose any instrument, lets say the DMM for example, it takes forever to load then says that there are no supported devices. This is a fresh install of LabView2011 and ELVIXmx 4.5. What is wrong with this? I've even spent the last 2 hours uninstalling and reinstalling all the software.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,922 Views)

Hi DQuill

There’s a known incompatibility between ELVISmx 4.5 and LabVIEW/Multisim versions earlier than 12.

Our R&D department is aware of this issue and they are currently working on it.

The solution for now is to revert to ELVISmx 4.4

Regards 

Chris S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,905 Views)

I think there may be a misunderstanding with some documentation.  There is no incompatibility between NI ELVISmx 4.5 and LabVIEW versions 2009-2012.  From what I understand, you are using the Soft Front Panels (SFPs) launched from the Instrument Launcher, which only has a dependency on a single LabVIEW run-time version, which is tested and shipped with the installer, so there is not a software compatibility issue in the scenario you are trying.

Can you use the device from LabVIEW through one of the express VIs or the DAQ Assistant? If this method provides an error code, it may help us understand why the SFPs think there are no supported devices.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,899 Views)

Through the express VIs or the DAQ Assistant it still just has "no supported devices found" in the drop down where you select the device. No error comes up.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,889 Views)

How do uninstall just ELVISmx 4.5 so that I can install a previous version? The computers in our lab that are working are running 4.3.1 so I'd like to revert back to that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(8,887 Views)

Hi DQuill

To uninstall just ELVISmx 4.5 go to Control Panel >>Programs>>Uninstall a Program.

Select National Instruments Software from the list of programs and click Uninstall.

This will launch a Window that allows you to select which software to uninstall, from the list you can select ELVISmx 4.5 and select Remove.

Chris S.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(8,873 Views)

Thanks Chris. I don't know why I didn't see ELVIXmx on the list friday. So, now I have tried a couple more versions of ELVIXmx.

I tried version ELVISmx 4.3.1  http://www.ni.com/download/ni-elvismx-4.3.1/2746/en/

With this one, the VI's opened up quicker through the launcher, were blank in the device selection list instead of saying "no supported devices but it wouldn't do anything when you clicked to expand the selection list. Telling it to run would yeild an error indicating that leaving the device feild blank is invalid. Through LV and the DAQ assistant it still just said no supported devices.

I then uninstalled ELVISmx 4.3.1 and tried version 4.4  http://www.ni.com/download/ni-elvismx-4.4/3050/en/

This one behaved exactly the same as with version 4.5

Windows seems perfectly happy with the ELVIS II+ board. Its listed in device manager using a driver dated 6/21/2013, file version 2.11.5f0

Now I just went out and checked the comptures in the teaching lab again and they are using a windows driver dated 3/23/2011 file version 2.7.0f0. Those machines work and are able to use the VIs with the ELVIS II+ boards.

Could this problem be due to using too new of a driver?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,860 Views)

DQuill 

What's the version of NI DAQmx you have installed? 

Chris S.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(8,782 Views)