Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI ELVIS calibration data

When I perform the self-calibration procedure* on my NI ELVIS workstations, where is the resulting calibration data stored? I found a file named %ProgramFiles%\National Instruments\NI ELVIS 2.0\NI ELVIS Cal.bin that contains "raw binary" data which I assume is some/all of the calibration data. Is this the file that contains all of the calibration data, or are there other locations (e.g., the Windows registry) where the Calibration Wizard stores the calibration data?

* Windows Start menu » All Programs » National Instruments » NI ELVIS 2.0 » Calibration Wizard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,006 Views)

Hello,

Calibration data for data acquisition devices is usually stored directly on the board in a memory location such as the EEPROM.  Therefore for most devices you will not have a separate file with all of the data in it.  You might notice if you browse through some of the ELVIS VIs that there is a file named, ELVIS - Write Cal const to EEPROM.vi which is located at: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI ELVIS 3.0\Source Code\Calibration Wizard\ELVIS - Write Cal const to EEPROM.vi.  This file is one of the files responsible for writing that calibration data to the EEPROM

Is there a special reason that you need the calibration data?  I hope that this answers your question.  Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.

Have a great day,

Brian P.  -  Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,991 Views)
I use hard disk cloning to maintain the software on the computers I manage. In a nutshell, I set up one computer, copy its hard drive image to a server, and then push the hard disk image from the server to the remaining compters in the lab. I was thinking if the NI ELVIS calibration data are stored in a disk file, then I'd probably want to back up those files before performing a cloning operation, and restore the calibration data files after cloning. But since the calibration data are stored in an EEPROM somewhere (on the DAQ board? on the NI ELVIS hardware?), I don't need to worry about trashing the NI ELVIS calibration data when I clone the disks.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,984 Views)

Hello,

Some of the functions available with ELVIS is because to the circuitry inside the ELVIS unit.  These functions include the function generator and the power supplies.  When you calibrate either of these, the data is stored in EEPROM on the ELVIS unit.  Other functions, such as the DMM or oscilloscope, are performed by using the analog input channels of the DAQ card.  Therefore, if you calibrated these analog input channels the data would be stored on the EEPROM of the DAQ card.  The ELVIS calibration wizard, at least in NI ELVIS 3.0, only gives you the option to calibrate the functions that are available to calibrate on the ELVIS unit and not the DAQ card.   If you wish to calibrate your DAQ card you can do so, but in a different program.  I hope this answers your questions.  If any of this is unclear please let me know.

Have a great day!

Brian P.  -  Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,974 Views)

i using NI ELVIS, DAQ device PCI-6251

when i calibration, it warning:" improper signal connection.please verify the connections on the elvis prototyping board."

how do repair it?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,958 Views)