From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Digital Electronics FPGA Breadboard's UCF

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day..i've been using Xilinx ISE 14.3 to program my NI Digital Electronics FPGA board and i want to use some FPGA GPIO lines placed on the Breadboard1(BB1) area...how can i create my UCF file to use this GPIO.??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,194 Views)

Hi Dominic9212,

Thanks for posting at NI forums! You can find the DEFB.ucf file in the LabVIEW or Multisim distribution. The locations are listed below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite xx\pldconfig\DEFB.ucf depending on your operating system.

or in LabVIEW:

<labview>\Targets\NI\FPGA\DEFB\FPGAFiles\DEFB.ucf

Do you have access to any of these programs?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,178 Views)

thank u for d response.

i'm using a labview 2012,

but i dont have this directory (<labview>\Targets\NI\FPGA\DEFB\FPGAFiles\DEFB.ucf)..

do i need to install labview fpga module 2012??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,170 Views)

Hi Dominic,

Yes, you need the FPGA module. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,155 Views)

Hey Dominic,

I just want to be clear... if you're trying to use LabVIEW to target the board, you will need the LabVIEW FPGA Module. If you're just using ISE, you can use the UCF attached below to enumerate all of the pins on the device. Since our forum system won't let me upload a .ucf, I posted it as a .txt... just change the extension or copy/paste the pins you need into your project's .ucf.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,150 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dominic9212

Hello T-REX$,

thank you so much for your help. i really apprecaite this...this is what i really needed..

thank u so much! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,145 Views)