Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRIO hardware powerful enough?

I want to use an embeeded board for my robot which i am designing .I will be implementing computation intensive algorithms of image processing in it through opencv and matlab.I want to ask you all if NI MyRio  can handle the computation power ???I will be implementing a visual inertial odometry sensor approach for my mobile robot. It will also have a robotic arm and will have stereo cameras to calculate the disparity for the navigation.So it is very computaionlly intensive.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,648 Views)

I don't know enough about what you are doing to make an educated call on whether the myRIO is powerful enough for the compuations you are looking to do but I will say that overview on the myRIO 1900's product page calls it, "...an affordable tool to help students and educators...".

I mostly wanted to comment to tell you that if you are looking at the myRIO specification document, the Memory specs of the 1900 are incorrect.  The myRIO 1950 specification sheet is correct though and the two device's memory specs are identical.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,578 Views)