From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from cRIO to myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey!

Currently I've got a system setup using NI cRio-9012, NI 9477, NI9263 and NI 9205.

This system has the following connect to the inputs/outputs:

1. Inputs: Receives 2 analog pressure sensor values

2. Outputs: 7 digital outputs connected to a driver circuit running hydraulic/pneumatic valves  

3. Outputs: 2 analog signals to a driver circuit running variable hydraulic/pneumatic valves  

The LabView program has 3 independent control loops that do the following:

Loop 1 and 2: receive input from the respective pressure sensor and control the variable valves (depending on input from user (front panel)).

Loop 3: Switch on and off the remaining 7 valves depending on input from user (front panel)

At the moment the cRIO system that I am using handles the whole system perfectly, but I am keen on a more portable system and intend to use the cRIO for a different application.

So my query is would myRIO be able to substitute the cRIO for my application? I do also intend to add additional sensors/outputs and communication too.

Thank you for going through my query!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,743 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NaveenRonnie

The only potential issue I see with moving the project to the myRIO is the specs you might need on your I/O. For example, the 9477 is capable of 5 to 60V output where as the myRIO is only capably of 3.3V LVTTL output. Ultimately, it comes down to yours specific I/O needs - I've linked the manual and specifications for the myRIO-1900 below. I'd recommend looking it over to make sure that it will meet your application requirements.

NI myRIO-1900 User Guide and Specifications

On the software side, there shouldn't be too many adjustments that need to be made - the myRIO has the same processing architecture as the cRIO.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,722 Views)

Thanks! Will check it out!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,714 Views)