Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crashing when I create a VI

Hi all, I'm a student who is new to using Labview. I am currently working my way through a Ni tutorial called Getting started with the labview Datalogging and supervisory control module. I am getting on good until I create a VI. Then Labview crashes before I can even save it. I've tried uninstalling labview and dsc and reinstalled it but I encounter the same issue again. I don't know what to do as I'm new to labview and I need to gain experience fast as I have some assignments coming my way soon. The error I'm getting is as follows, Possible Cause: Tank System Shared Variables.lvlib:Untitled 1. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards Padraic.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,814 Views)

Hey PadraicGranahan

Can you launch LabVIEW by itself without openeing a VI (from the start menu).  Does LabVIEW Crash if you do this?  If not can you create a new empty VI without LabVIEW crashing?

It sounds like the problem might be with the specific VI you're trying to open.

Can you also post a screen shot of the error you get when trying to open the VI?

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,810 Views)

Hi Sammy, thankyou for the reply. Yes I can open Lab view on its own without it crashing. I have also tried a new blank VI on its own and it seems to work fine. Here is a screen shot.

Regards Padraic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,808 Views)

Hey,

That error indicates that the VI you're trying to open is corrupt (it has an insane front panel object Smiley Frustrated).  Where did you get the VI?  Is there a link I can download it from?

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,804 Views)
Hi I just right clicked my computer in the project explorer and then new VI. I then copied some objects from the shared variables to the VI. the tutorial said to drag the items but it wouldnt let me.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,800 Views)

If you start from a new VI and repeat the steps does the problem occur again?

Can you post a Max Technical report (instructions here)so we can see the versions of all the NI software you have installed.

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,762 Views)