Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing Wii Nunchuk Controller with MyRio's I2C

Hi,

I am currently working on a project to interface a wii nunchuk controller with the MyRio board via I2C communications, and I am running into a lot of troubles.  My goal is to recieve data from the nunchuk and display it on screen using the labview VI.  I've exhausted many resources online, and based my code off a labview nunchuk code using an arduino instead of a MyRio, as seen here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36295.  It works perfectly fine when I interface it with an arduino, but when I modified it to work for the MyRio it does not work (although labview has very similar I2C functions for both the Arduino and the Myrio, such as read, write, open, etc.).  I've finally arrived at my current version of the code, which seems to communicate with the nunchuk via I2C and compile without errors, but the nunchuk only returns 0xff for all values.  I still cannot figure out why the same code that works for the arduino will not work for the myrio even when I replaced the arduino i2c functions to their corresponding myrio counterparts.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,325 Views)

Also, if someone is able to do so, can you try to convert the arduino version of the code to one that works with the myrio? maybe I am doing something wrong here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,324 Views)