From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about the sensors compatible with NI C Series Module

Hello,

I already have a chassis with the following modules: NI 9263, NI 9211, NI 9217, NI 9401, NI 9207, NI 9472. I'd now have to zero in on compatible sensors so I can take my work forward. It'd of great help if somebody could give me expert advise on how to approach with the 'compatibility' of sensors. What would be the sensors you see as compatible to the modules stated above? And is there a list that NI provides that offers such information? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,012 Views)

Ram V,

A lot of us at NI are pretty hesitant to choose third party sensors for any particular application.  You have to remember that we don't make these sensors and we don't know about what you are doing.  The following link should give you a decent idea of what type of sensor you might want to look into for a particular appliation.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13654/en/#h33

Other than that you really just need to look into the spec sheet of a device you might want to use.  Look at what the sensor is outputting and see if you have a module that can read that at an acceptable sampling rate with enough precision (look at module sampling rate and bit resolution).  If you are using multiplexed devices also make sure you can reach the desired sampling rate if all of your sensors are hooked up.

If you are concerned about a particular device you can try posting that to see what people think.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 2
(4,997 Views)