Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDS camera

Hi

I want to connect USB3 IDS camera to MYRIO

http://en.ids-imaging.com/store/produkte/kameras/usb-3-0-kameras/ueye-cp.html

The camera do work on labview that run on my desktop computer but Myrio does even recognize the camera. I already install the NI Vision drivers using the MAX but still noting happened. other camrea do work.

does any one have an idea?

Eviatar

Message 1 of 6
(7,172 Views)

Hello eviatar98,

It sounds like the camera may not be compatible with the myRIO. Only cameras that are Linux UVC compatible work with the myRIO Vision Drivers. Here is a list of known UVC compliant devices:

http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/

I couldn't find your camera listed there but you might ask the manufacturer if their cameras are UVC compliant. If not, unfortunately, you won't be able to use it with the myRIO.

Were the other cameras that worked also IDS cameras?

Thanks! 

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,149 Views)

Hi

The other camera was microsoft webcam.

Thanks for the help but it seems that on this issue will continue to work with Matlab.

Eviatar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,133 Views)

I'm sorry we couldn't give you the compatibility you were looking for. Hope everything works out!

Thanks!

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,122 Views)

Hi

IDS gave me a linux driver for this camera. is it possible to install this driver using putty?

some instructions:

"to install the driver you have to extract the files to the root directory and then to run the setup (make sure you are the root). Please run first

cd /;  tar -xf /ueyesdk-<target>-<version>.tar

and then:

/usr/local/share/ueye/bin/ueyesdk-setup.sh

Unfortunately there is no manual for the ARM driver portings, since they are not supported officially."

can I access linux as root user? what is the root password?

Thanks

Eviatar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,095 Views)

Hello eviatar,

You should be able to do this using putty. The default login credentials for the myRIO are

username: admin

password:

Thanks!

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,072 Views)