Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the software?

I think it would be better if you have changed the driver to latest updated version. I am also not an expert in this. So, I may prouduce you with the best solution by consulting one of my friends having complete knowledge about this.

forcebattery

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,844 Views)

Ok, I am a little confuse with the pin output vs port output. I am assuming pin output = BNC 2090 while the port output is the output from the actual port shown in the data sheet. Therefore, if I am going to try to connect the LED directly to the Daq I will be using port output correct?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(3,832 Views)

I'm a little confused as to what you mean when you're referencing port outputs and pin outputs.

You should be able to select a port on your device in NI MAX or LabVIEW. The name of this port corresponds to a certain pin on your device.

The pinout on the datasheet should list the pins and corresponding ports adjacent to each other.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(3,825 Views)

Ok, in this image "http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/10/2115/2/lin%20output.png" what does line output and port output mean? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(3,820 Views)

A line is a single digital I/O while a port is multiple lines (i.e. lines 0-7).

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,809 Views)

Ok, I thought 1 line = the controller for BNC 2090. So can anyone tell me how to use the software to use BNC 2090? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,805 Views)

That is incorrect. When I drop down the line output tab there is port 0 to 7. However, when I drop down the port output tab there is only port 0.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(3,781 Views)

Hey hunkeelin,

Someone asked a similar question in another thread on the forums. Here is the link to that thread.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(3,757 Views)