From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the correct time on myRIO 1900

I have ensured the time and date on the computer's bios is correct and the time and date in windows is correct.

I have run NIMax as administrator and logged into NIMax as administrator.
I open time Time Setting tab of my device and it says "searching for time siyncronization sources..." it then sets an incorrect time and not incorrect by any round number or time zone multiple.
The date, month and year can be set, however when I enter a new time and click save, the time simply reverts back to its previous incorrect value.
The time can be changed by choosing an incorrect time zone, but still cannot be set to the correct time.
I have also tried altering the time using the web based system configuration, logged in as administrator, but the same thing occurs, the time simply reverts back to the previous incorrect time.

I have attached a screenshot.

Any help is much appreciated.

myRIO 1900
Windows 7 Professional
NIMax Version 5.6.0f0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,604 Views)

Hey mikeaut,

The myRIO does not have a batter powered real time clock built in.  This means that every time you power cycle the myRIO the time is reset.

You can update the time programmatically (by running a vi on the myRIO).  I put together some code to load the time on the myRIO from ta DS1307 real time clock.  More info in this thread.

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this.

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,584 Views)

I am working on a project in which I have to display real time clock on HMI using LabView Myrio. I am facing problems while integrating real time clock in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,468 Views)

Hello  Khalil65!

I recommend that you create a new thread for your question. New Forum threads get much more exposure and help from the community.

This forum is +5 years old.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,446 Views)