Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify fpga personality ?

hi

i have myRio 1900

i want to use all DIO on FPGA and also use i2c on real-time processor  but when i try, the two things don't work together.

when I open a reference to the FPGA (since I want to write data to the FPGA  using the invoke vi) I get an error message that the reference needs to be closed.

when i looked up this error, i found that i need to modify the default FPGA personality but i don't know how can i modify it.

i hope you can help me to understand this topic and provide me with examples or detailed explanation on this topic as i have not found any resources on customizing FPGA personailty

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,055 Views)

Hello,

I may need to look into the personalities further, but I think this document may help in order to get the FPGA and Scan Engine to work together as a hybrid configuration:

How Can I Use Scan Engine and FPGA Simultaneously on a CompactRIO (Hybrid Mode)?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0DB7FEF37C26AF85862575C400531690

If that doesn't help, will you post a screenshot of the error? That may help us see what it is referring to.

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,989 Views)

error message.pngi also attached a PDF explaining my problem

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,986 Views)

Thank you for that description. After a little research, it looks like that error will sometimes get resolved by simply re-configuring the FPGA reference. Does that help anything?

It looks like the personalities for myRIO would be the default or a high-throughput one. However, I am not sure if that would be relevant here.

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,969 Views)