From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access and control a deployed Standalone project on MyRio through Data dashboard without Running LabView on PC?

I want to communicate to NI MyRIO directly through Smart hand held device like tablet or phone without the host PC running. I have been using data dashboard application and have deployed Standalone project on memory of MyRio with help from youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXoJECRS-eo . Now I want to run this deployed standalone application saved in MyRio from data dashboard application without the host PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,608 Views)
Just make sure that the myRIO is hosting the shared variables or web service that you are communicating through.

Are there specific problems you are running into trying to implement this?
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 5
(6,470 Views)

Thanks a lot !!!  I have solved the problem completely, Now my data dashboard on smart phone is directly communicating with MyRio 1900 without host PC in between..Here are major steps how I did it for the help of the others. 

*****For the present case its ""Random Number Generaotor Graph Monitoring through Smart Phone""*****

1- Connect your MyRio 1900 with PC with USB cable and click on configure MyRIO on the pop up menu...this will take you to the ethernet IP address of MyRIO in your browser (Silverlight needed) now from Networks option Select Create Wireless network and set the name & password of Wireless network created by MyRIO & hit save. Now MyRIO would be broadcasting its own Wireless signals. Connect your PC and smart phone or tablet to it and disconnect USB cable from PC.

2- Create a MyRio project in LabView MyRio 2013.

3- In project explorer right click on the target Controller MyRIO 1900 and from properties provide Wireless ip address (Can be found from Configure MyRIO in browser or from NI MAX by selecting the MyRIO 1900). Now right click the target MyRio 1900 and hit connect.

4- Now right click again on MyRIO 1900 and create new Variable. Save the library and right click on the Library and hit Deploy.

5- Now in New VI under MyRIO 1900 in project explorer make your block diagram.. I created a 0 to 1 random Number generator..dragged the Variable from project explorer..changed its access mode to Write by right clicking it..and connected it to 0 to 1 random Number generator.

6- Right click Build specifications & create a Real Time Application by going through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXoJECRS-eo .Now Save the project and run it.

7- From your Smart phone open the app go to connect to shared variables provide the IP address of MyRio Wireless network..There will be library of shared variables that you named and saved under MyRio in project explorer..Now select the library and the shared variable you created..Select suitable Monitor or Control Palette. For my case I selected graph.

8- Play the VI on your mobile or tab the graph would respond randomly between 0 & 1...Now it would continue to respond even if you Shut Down or hibernate the PC because of Real Time Application presaved in MyRIO. 

Note::

***MAKE YOUR SHARED VARIABLES UNDER MYRIO 1900 IN PROJECT EXPLORER NOT UNDER MYCOMPUTER

***THERE ARE NO CONTROL PALETTES IN SMART PHONE VERSION KITKAT 4.4.2 OF DATA DASHBOARD..ONLY MONITORING PALLETES ARE THERE WHICH ARE NUMBER, GRAPH AND DIAL BUT IN TABLET AND IPAD DUE TO LARGER SCREEN THERE ARE ALSO CONTROL PALETTES.

Message 3 of 5
(6,388 Views)

And thank you for the detailed response of how you went about solving this issue.  It will be nice for others to find a list of steps to take when they search for a solution in the future.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,373 Views)