Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Measure Position and Velocity with a Single Counter with myrio

Hi Everyone , I need your help .
I got myrio a few days ago for my project which is a electric vehicle drived by wireless mode so first problem faces me that I have encoder and it give me counts (decreasing or icreasing) which I can't convert it to veolcity any one may help , I will be grateful ???????????????????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,129 Views)

Hey Hesham92,

As you mentioned the myRIO encoder counts pulses.  These pulses will typically come from some type of encode such as a quadrature encoder.

Look at your encoder datasheet and it should explain how it works (which mode it uses) and the resolution (ie rotation per pulse).    If the encoder is attached to a wheel you can use some simple math to determine how many cm the wheel moves per encoder pulse.

Let us know if you have questions about this (please also post more info about your setup such as the encoder, what it's attached to and what you need to measure).

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,118 Views)

Hi Sammy
Thanks for your response .I appreciate your help.I want to declare something my encoder isnot quadrature encoder it is  Incremental encoder .It is built in DC motor to count steps and the motor is used in printer before and have no datasheets. I searched over and over and nothing but with use of myrio I can count no of steps per revolution of my wheel it is 665 count/ rev ( by the way it gives varied number not constant but around 665 ) and the wheel circumference is 2*pi*r , r= 30 cm so circumference is 1885 mm so we have 2.8 mm per tick  that's only what I have ???????!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,109 Views)