Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you save data into an excel file while myRIO is acquiring data? I tried saving it using "Write to file" but it doesn't work for some reason.

I am acquiring cosine wave and a pulse wave as input and I want to store their peak to peak values into an excel file. "Write to File" is not working for it. Is there any other vi which can be used for data logging?

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 4
(8,560 Views)

Hi Ssheoran,

Can you provide more detail when you say that the Write to File VI doesn't work? Is there an error given? Or can you just not find the file on your computer? Keep in mind using this file in a Real-Time VI on the myRIO will save files on the myRIO. You will then have to transfer to your PC. Please view the following video as a guide for saving files and transferring them to your computer: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuREWnD6Eno). Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Roel F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(8,544 Views)

Hey,

I am not able to find the file on the computer or on myRIO. I am trying to save the peak to peak value for a waveform using analog input of myRIO. Everything is fine when the program is running but when I try to find the file, I can't find it anywhere. I am currently trying different ways of saving the data to file (like arrays and strings) but I still can't save anything.

Thank you for your help

Sagar Sheoran

Purdue University

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,525 Views)

Hi Sagar,

Which VI are you using? Are you using the Write to Spreadsheet File VI? What type of data are you trying to save?

Best Regards,

Roel F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,510 Views)