From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I deleted all software from MyRIO and it's stuck in safe mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

In the NI MAX interface I saw that there were a new software version to intall, in the section where is possible to add and remove software items to MyRIO from a list with checkboxes. The last option in that list was something like clear everything, remove all software, or other similar text. 

I did this, planning to install the new software version after that. Then the MyRIO restarted in safe mode, whith the status led blinking three or four times  each 5 seconds. And it never was recognized again by the computer.

I tried the reset button without success. The MyRIO is always stuck in safe mode.

Then I tried communicate using the serial port of my computer configured according with the MyRIO User Guide, connecting the RX, TX and GND of the computer connector in the UART ports of the MXP A connector. But the NI MAX don't see the MyRIO, there is no answer in the serial communication. 

How can I install the software again in MyRIO?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Rodrigo.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,758 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried to return the SW for previous version? Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

Regards,

Lincoln

Lincoln

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,747 Views)

Hi,

At this moment I have no communication with the MyRIO, so there is no way to downgrade the firmware. I´m using Labview 2013.

Talking today with colleagues in my work they alerted me that is necessary to convert the computer serial signal to the 0-5V or 0-3.3V. Then I bought an IC MAX232 and I´ll try to establish the communication to MyRIO using it.

Regards,

Rodrigo.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodpp

Hi,

Today I managed to communicate with MyRIO and now its working again.

The interface RS232<->UART using the IC MAX232 worked, but I could not install the software in MyRIO through this interface.

Probably I uninstalled the NI software related with MyRIO from my Host computer, because when I connected the MyRIO using the USB interface to my other computer it was recognized and I installed the software in it without problems.

Regards,

Rodrigo.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,738 Views)