From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -9314 occurred at elvis comm - check elvis connection.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Could anyone help me with this? I have windows 7 64 bit. I have labview 64 bit and 32 bit installed. I have NI myDAQ connected to my laptop via USB. The CD that came with the kit is gone so I've been downloading every drive that I could install and updated.

Here's what I get

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/78xem39.jpg?1[/IMG]

All I'm trying to do, is get the myDAQ to act like a digital multimeter to measure a resistor using the leads provided with hte myDAQ kit.

Do I need to install a battery or something into the myDAQ? I've seen a picture of a tripple A battery, but dont see any battery compartment on the myDAQ. There's a 9V battery slot on the myProtoBoard, but that doesn't help the issue.

Thanks,

jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sorbik

Hi Jason,

It looks you have installed the legacy version of the NI ELVIS driver, which only supports the NI ELVIS device. To use an NI ELVIS II/II+ or an NI myDAQ and use the DMM functionality, you'll need the NI ELVISmx driver. The latest version is NI ELVISmx 4.5, which supports LabVIEW versions 2010-2013. If you have a different version of LabVIEW, let me know and I can direct you to the correct NI ELVISmx version.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,410 Views)